Translate

Friday 4 October 2013

Cupcakes Halloween Challenge: Pumpkin Patch

I found this challenge on Instagram by mscupcake05 so thought I'd give it a go


This is what I came up with



For this design I used 

Nails inc. Portobello Market
A green and orange nail art pen by Nail Art (they aren't named)
Barry M nail art pen black
Andrea Fullerton black and gold nail art stripers

I started off by creating a tip on all my nails except my ring finger with Portobello Market then added stripes of a darker orange with my orange nail art pen. To create these tips I used striping tape as a stencil because I was adding detail but ordinarily I would do tips freehand. Once I'd added the stripes to all my nails I peeled off my striping tape and used the gold striper to create a line under the tips. On my thumbs I also drew a little leaf with my green nail art pen and black striper.
On my ring finger I started off using portobello market again to create the shape of the pumpkin. To do this I just painted my nails like normal, but started off a bit higher up than my cuticle, about where my lunula ends (the bit you paint round when doing a half moon mani). I then used my orange nail art pen to draw slightly curved vertical stripes over that and added a stalk with my green nail art pen. Once all that had dried I used my black nail art pen to draw the face. For the face on this pumpkin I drew 2 ovals with flat bottoms for the eyes, a triangle for the nose and for the mouth I drew a thick curved line more towards one side of the face then added lines coming out of the top of the mouth to look a bit like teeth. 

I also decided to do a make up look to accompany the nail designs so here's what I came up with




For my eyes-
The orange is a blusher by Sleek (I didn't have any orange eyeshadow) it's the orange from the palette Pumpkin (very appropriate). I also took this under my eye, but it doesn't really show up in the picture.
I also have a gold from a very old No. 7 palette called dramatic eye palette and the colour is just called Gold. I placed this in the very centre of my eye over the orange and in the inner corner of my eye. From this palette I also used the green and placed a tiny bit on the out corner of my lid by my lash line.
The green is again from a very old palette, but this one was from Marks and Spencer. I just placed this colour in my crease. 
I also used the False Lash Telescopic Mascara by L'Oreal Paris. 

And my lipstick is Charmed by Topshop, I also used this on my cheeks and just blended it in with my foundation brush. 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment