Translate

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Cupcakes Halloween Challenge: Bloodbath

My second design for this halloween challenge-




I tried to use the straw technique to create a splatter effect, but it was a lot harder than it seemed. The only nail it worked on was my middle one, so I ended up putting drops of red nail varnish on my nails and blowing them out with a straw and then putting on a topcoat before they were properly dry so as to smear them a bit more. On my ring finger I decided to do it more like drips so I just took a fairly big dotting tool, dotted the red where I wanted the drip to start and then dragged it up my nail whilst reducing the pressure applied. I did this three times starting at different points on my nail then I added some drops below the main drips and connected them at the top. I also smeared these by applying topcoat before they were dry. For this design I chose to use a matte topcoat, but a plain one would work fine too. 

And the make-up to go with these nails-





On my eyes I have just a matte white eyeshadow from an old Ruby and Millie pallette all over my lid and then up to my brow as well, but not as intensely. Then I took the red blush from my Sleek pallette Pumpkin, I used a fluffy eyeshadow brush to apply it quite messily over the outer half of my lid and upto my brow and I also took it quite far under my eye. I took a smaller eyeshadow brush to apply it a bit more heavily on my crease.
I used a pencil gel liner by Avon to line my eyes, top and bottom, I made sure it was a bit messy and smudged and then went over the liner on the top with Super Liner Perfect Slim by L'Oreal to fill in gaps between the liner and lash line. For mascara I used They're Real by benefit to lengthen my lashes then I  used False Lash Telescopic by L'Oreal to make them more spidery. 
I used The Body Shop lip and cheek stain on my lips and cheeks. I then lined my lips with Ruby Rose Lip Lines by Natural Collection, then filled in my lips with Valentine by Collection.
I also contoured using the No. 7 bronzing pearls, but you can't really tell with the lighting.



No comments:

Post a Comment