Translate

Thursday 24 October 2013

Cupcakes Halloween Challenge: Classic Horror Character

I chose to do a ghost design for this mani-
 

For the base I used Illamasqua Raindrops, then went over it with 17 Bluechrome. To draw my ghost I just took a plain white and using the brush in the bottle painted the shape, pressing more heavily at the beginning then with less pressure towards the end to make the tail. I used Andrea Fullerton's Dot and Flick to draw the eyes and mouth. To write Boo I just very carefully used Barry M Nailart Pen in White.

The makeup look to go with these nails-




For this look I started off with a wash of a matte white eyeshadow all over my lids and upto my brow bone. I then intensified the white on my lid by adding more of the white, I also put some onto my waterline to brighten up my eyes a bit. Then I took a light blue and applied that on the outer half of my lid. Once that was done I used a dark/navy blue to go right into my crease and took it right to the inner corner of my eye and very carefully winged it out lightly, then once I was happy with it I went back in and built up the colour. For my mascara I used Bad Gal by Benefit because I wanted something quite pretty and subtle, nothing to dramatic. On my lips I have Money, Honey Dazzleglass by Mac and on my cheeks I have a pink blush by makeup essentials, which I can't find the name of. 



No comments:

Post a Comment