Translate

Tuesday 27 August 2013

Flowers and polkadots

 This design is a flowers and polkadots design that I did on my friend's nails. These nails are inspired from a Wah design and I did them to enter into a competition on instagram. The theme for the competition is flowers and polkadots and it's hosted by nubbinnails. If you want to have a look at my instagram so you can see some of my older designs my username is carysdoesnails.



For this design I used-
Barry M Matt White for the base

Models own Apple Pie for the polka dot background






Models own Strawberry Tart and Nails inc. You're a Peach for the flower



Illamasqua Smash for the leaves. I lost the top of the bottle quite a while ago... oops.



And Andrea Fullerton dot and flick in black for the detail.


To begin with I painted my friend's nails white.





That's her drying her nails with my monkey nail dryer.
 
Then I added small polkadots in apple pie 



Once I'd done that I put 1-2 blobs of Strawberry Tart and You're a Peach onto each nail.



Then I used Smash to add leaves.



And to finish off the look I outlined the flowers and leaves with the striper part of the dot and flick then used the pen to draw two curved lines inside each flower then completed the look with a topcoat.



The thumb smeared a little when I put the top coat on :(













No comments:

Post a Comment